OSCA Event: 3rd East Providence Chess Tournament (East Providence, RI)
BOTH Adult & Scholastic Chess Event – in the Beautiful $190 Million, East Providence Senior High School
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 2, 2023
EAST PROVIDENCE SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL
2000 Pawtucket Ave, East Providence, R.I. 02914
December 2 @ 10:00 am – 3:30 pm
4SS, G/30; d5 – 4 Rounds. 30 minutes each, 5 second delay (All Sections)
Round 1 starts around 10:00 AM.
* REGISTRATION located at BOTTOM of PAGE *
SECTIONS & PRIZES, $300 b/20, plus Trophies
* OPEN = $100 – $75, Plus Trophies for 1st, 2nd, 3rd place
* U1500 = $75 – $50, Trophies for 1st, 2nd, 3rd place
* U1000 = Trophies for 1st, 2nd, 3rd place
* U600 = Trophies for 1st, 2nd, 3rd Place
Round Times & Information
* Round 1 will start at 10:00 AM for All Sections.
* Players who arrive late after the start of Round 1 will receive a 1/2 pt. bye or may be paired with late arrivals.
* Byes must be requested in advance.
* New Policy: On-site Entries must register 15 minutes before 9:45 or risk 1/2 point bye
* Please register in advance by 12/1/2023 @ 10:00PM. Late or On-site entry or day of event is $5 more
Tournament Entry Fees
* EF $35 for OPEN Sections. Late entry is $5 more
* EF: $30 for U1500 Section, Late entry is $5 more
* EF $25 for U1000 Section. Late entry $5 more
* EF $25 for U600 Sections. Late entry $5 more
* 1st-TIME STUDENT TOURNAMENT DISCOUNT = $25 INCLUDES FREE USCF “YOUTH” MEMBERSHIP WORTH $20
(Age 3-18) Must be new USCF Membership, No renewals, done in advance, not on-site, play in U600 & U1000 Sections
* 1st-TIME YOUNG ADULT TOURNAMENT DISCOUNT = $35 INCLUDES FREE USCF “YOUNG ADULT” MEMBERSHIP WORTH $27
(Age 19-23). Must be new USCF Membership, No renewals, done in advance, not on-site, play in U1500 & Open Sections
* This is an Adult & Scholastic Tournament Event. Anyone can play in a higher section
* Lower sections finish around 2:30-3:00 PM. Higher sections after 3:30 PM.
* Plenty of parking. Charge-Point Electric FREE car charging station
* Bring a clock if you have one. Chess sets provided.
* Late Entries will receive 1/2 pt. bye or be paired if possible
* Email all questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
USCF membership required to play in “Rated” sections. No USCF membership required in “Unrated” sections
Join U.S. Chess Federation online: https://new.uschess.org/join-us-chess
* Register at bottom of this page*
See all the events past & present on our website: https://oceanstatechess.com/
Ocean State Chess Association