2024 Ocean State Chess Association Gr. K-12 Scholastic Championship
Major 2024 New England Scholastic Championship Event – Saturday, March 23, 2024
*** OPEN TO OUT OF STATE PLAYERS *** TEAMS & INDIVIDUAL PRIZES ***
New England Institute of Technology, East Greenwich, Rhode Island Campus
Location: New England Institute of Technology (NEIT)
1 New England Tech Blvd. East Greenwich, R.I. 02818
March 23, 2024 @ 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
Format: 4SS, G/45; d5 – 4 Rounds: 10:00 AM, 12:30 PM, 2:00 PM, 3:30 PM
(Lunch Break 12:00-12:30 PM)
** EVENT WILL START AT 10:00 AM – LATE ENTRIES WILL RECEIVE 1/2 PT. BYE
** Longer Time Control G/45 minutes, compared to other R.I. championship events
which are shorter/ quicker time controls like G/25
** Reasonable Entry fee with beautiful campus venue, plenty of free parking, cafeteria with affordable full menu
SECTIONS = ALL 3 SECTIONS ARE USCF RATED
* HIGH SCHOOL SECTION – GRADE 9-12
* MIDDLE SCHOOL SECTION – GRADE 6-8
* ELEMENTARY SCHOOL SECTION – GRADE K-5
- PRIZES / TROPHIES
- Individual Trophies to Top 3 players in each section. Medals to players with more than 3 pts.
- Team Trophies will be awarded to the Top 3 Teams in each section
- OUT-OF-STATE PLAYERS are eligible for ALL Individual & Team Awards
- Teams must have players from same school
Entry Fee: $35.00 – Please Register in advance online
“SIBLINGS” DISCOUNT = (Only $25) Discount -$10 off each family member’s entry fee (2 or more)
“TEAM” DISCOUNT = Only $25 EF = Reduced by $10 off each player for “Teams” with 4 or more players
“1st TOURNAMENT” DISCOUNT = If this is your 1st tournament, WE WILL PAY FOR YOUR U.S.C.F. “YOUTH” Membership
(worth $20) is INCLUDED FREE with $35 Entry Fee (This is for students with NO USCF Membership, Not renewals)
$35 if pre-register in advance on our website (PayPal) by Friday, 3/22/2024 @ 6:00 PM.
On-Site Entry the DAY OF EVENT is $10 more. must register from 9:20 AM – 9:50 AM.
Round 1 will start ON-TIME at 10:00 AM – TOURNAMENT WILL NOT BE DELAYED
- OTHER INFORMATION:
- Longer Game G/45 Championship – Not G/25 Fast Time Control Championship Event
- This is Both a Scholastic MULTI-STATE Individual Championship & Team Championship.
OPEN TO STUDENTS FROM RI, MA, CT, & EVERY STATE
- Tournament will Start ON-TIME at 10:00 AM – Late Entries will receive 1/2 pt. bye
- Team Competition: Each school’s team score is calculated by adding points from the top 4 players on that team. Must have minimum of 3 players for a team. Maximum limit is 7 per team. Teams with 8-10 players or more should register two teams, each with 4-5 players on each team as “A” & “B” Teams to avoid pairing issues.
- Players must be from the same school: Teams can have three or more players.
Students must play in grade section. Please list your school on entry form.
- Players will enjoy this beautiful college venue with multiple skittles rooms provided. Plenty or parking.
College cafeteria will be open for lunch with affordable variety of food/drinks
- ENTRY FEE DISCOUNT: Schools with 4 OR MORE PLAYERS or SIBLINGS are Eligible for a minus -$5 per person “ENTRY FEE DISCOUNT.”
- Questions: Email organizer: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chess Sets/Clocks will be provided, However, please bring a clock if you have one
Ocean State Chess Association